UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus 2016
The Union Public Service Commission has released the Syllabus for the UPSC NDA Exam. Candidates who have applied for the exam can visit the Official Website to download the syllabus. Candidates who are busy preparing for the exam can get an idea about the exam Pattern.
Union Public Service Commission
UPSC is authorized to conduct competitive examinations and interviews for recruitment of civil services, defense services, and posts under the Union Government or Central Government.
Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission.
Official Website: www.upsconline.nic.in
Name of the Post: Defence & Naval Academy posts.
Examination Name: National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I), 2016.
Selection Process: Written Exam, Psychological Aptitude Test, Intelligence and Personality Test, SSB Interview.
UPSC NA Exam Syllabus – UPSC Exam pattern
||Matrices and Determination
||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
||Statistics and Probability
|General Ability test
- Grammar and usage, vocabulary.
- Comprehension and cohesion
- Physics, Chemistry.
- General Science.
- Social Studies.
- Geography and Current Events.
- Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ).
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of HydrogenOxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbondioxide, Oxidation, and Reduction.
- Acids, bases, and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols
- Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics, their causes, and prevention.
- The difference between the living and non-living.
- The basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms, and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
History, Freedom Movement, etc.:
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development.
- The impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- The concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy.
- Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports
Click here for more detailed syllabus